Within this podcast episode, Kristina Jaramillo and Eric Gruber have a conversation with Deanna Ransom (Global Head of Marketing & Marketing Services for Televerde) on how marketing organizations need to be held accountable for driving revenue and business objectives.
You will learn:
1. The internal “business” conversations and the reframes on how marketing should impact EBITDA that need to happen for marketing to earn its position at the table.
2. How marketing should not be supporting sales and instead partnering with sales and customer success teams to drive customer acquisition, retention, and expansion.
3. Where disconnects between sales, marketing, and revenue generation exist and how we need to reboot the marketing organization, so marketing is accountable for revenue.
4. The role marketing can play in helping sales and customer success teams shape and re-shape buying behavior, so larger deals can be won, revenue can be protected, and accounts can be penetrated.
5. How marketing needs to shift their focus from measuring activity to measuring sales cycle velocity, deal size growth, retention rates, lifetime value, margin growth, and other KPIs related to revenue and profitability.
After you listen to this podcast, sign up for our new educational series – Reboot Fridays – where we will have a panel focused on rebooting marketing planning and measurement. Register for the series at: http://stopthesalesdrop.com/fridayreboot.