On this podcast, Jarod Greene, Highspot’s VP of Product Marketing shared with Eric Gruber (CEO of Personal ABM and host of the Stop the Sales Drop Podcast) the lessons he learned from being a math teacher on how to connect with the disconnected. As a math teacher, he needed to re-engage with students that “checked out” and give students that did not “care” about math a reason to get excited. He needed to create an environment where the students will want to learn. It’s about the experience and the interactions you have – and that is what Jarod believes is what many sales and marketing teams are forgetting and they are thinking about scaling to reach more people.
They also talk about:
- How sales and marketing need to elevate their conversations across all channels to make the connection with those that do not see themselves in the story that is already being told.
- How you will get more revenue growth with tailored content and messaging – and impact win rates, deal sizes, and sales cycle time vs. taking an approach for critical mass.
- Why there are too many “false positives” and “sand” in the pipeline
- Where the disconnect is happening after the signed deal – and why account management and customer success teams are challenged to protect and expand key accounts.
- Why “ABM” being owned by the wrong “team” is leading to disconnects throughout the buyer’s journey. See why demand gen teams should not own or drive ABM. They play an important role but demand gen should be one piece of the puzzle.
- How sales and marketing should be changing their positioning, messaging, stories and approaches with tier 1 ICP accounts that once showed intent but stopped engaging.
- Why accounts are lost – it’s not because sales and marketing failed to show the right features and it’s not because buyers disagreed with the value that can be delivered.
- How you can influence the “internal” conversations and facilitate discussions that connect the disconnected within key accounts so you can get a buying consensus.
- How you can meet your buyers where they are at right now and serve the right level of content and messaging that communicates the right differentiation beyond the product.
If you liked this podcast, you’ll want to check out our other podcasts including an “ABM Conversation with Uniphore’s VP of Product Marketing.”