As ABM-ers, the focus should be about driving account-based growth in the 20% of accounts that will deliver both today’s and tomorrow’s 80% of revenues. Unfortunately, too many organizations are going for scale. We can’t build a relationship with key accounts because sales and marketing teams are so focused on scale instead of focusing on the interactions, they need to have with the human buyers in the accounts they want to win, protect and expand. We can’t build a relationship because sales and marketing are not focused on the experiences we need to deliver to specific human buyers.
It’s time we focus on the humans behind the personas we’re targeting. As Metadata.io mentions on their website. ABM is not about accounts but instead the people at those accounts. It’s about the people in the 20% of the accounts that will deliver the greatest revenue growth and how you build trust, a real connection, and the business case to move accounts forward. In the presentation below that Kristina Jaramillo completed for the Litmus Live virtual conference, you’ll see how you should be rethinking your account-based strategies.
After you watch the video, keep scrolling down for additional resources that will help you drive stronger enteprise growth with ABM.
Here are additional resources to help you rethink your ABM strategy for greater enterprise growth:
- Rethink your account-based strategy for stronger revenue growth – a G2 article by Kristina Jaramillo
- Why you need an ABM strategy before investing in Terminus and other ABM tech – a podcast interview with the VP of Market at Longbow Advantage
- How ABM is misunderstood – A podcast conversation with Mark Stouse (CEO of Proof Analytics)
- 6 elements that are missing from most ABM programs – A podcast conversation with Jess Larkin from Okta
- Why 66% of ABM programs under-perform – Our on-demand webinar
- Personal ABM’s approach to winning with the accounts that matter – Article by Kristina Jaramillo